Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Some nice words

eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains however improbable must be the truth


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos: there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force


Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know best what to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.


"Always two there are; no more, no less: a master and an apprentice." -Yoda
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it." -Darth Bane



Dezhnev, Senior
1) He who is needed must learn to endure flattery.

2) If asking politely is useless, take.

3) A pawn is the most important piece on the chessboard - to a pawn.

4) Small can be beautiful: an eagle may at times go hungry; a pet canary, never.

5) Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It is the transition that is troublesome.

6) We are always certain that the decision we have just made is wrong.

7) No voyage is dangerous to the one who waves goodbye from the shore.

8) The greatest difficulty comes at the start. It's called 'getting ready'.

9) If the current flow is taking you where you want to go, don't argue.

10) If you want to know whether water is boiling, don't test it by hand.

11) Going there may be most of the fun- but only if you get there in the hand.

12) In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate.

13) The wall that says 'Welcome, stranger' has never been built.

14) Those who say ' A penny for your thoughts' are usually being over-generous.

15) Good company robs even death of some of its terrors.

16) Once the sun sets, it grows dark; don't let that catch you by surprise.

17) If trouble were as easy to get out of, as into, life would be one sweet song.

18) The trouble with triumph is that you may be on the other side.

19) In the true triumph, however, there are no losers.

No comments: